Sassotondo the Volcanic Cellar
We have chosen for you the Sassotondo company for a food and wine tour, dedicated to the discovery of the flavors of the territory of the Città del Tufo of Southern Tuscany, as it emerges as representative of the excellence of the products of this region.
Awareness, knowledge and studies now twenty years ago excel Sassotondo among the realities of the producers of Volcanic Wines, or those wines produced in territories of volcanic origin with that of the Cities of Tuff.
The greater quantity of minerals present in the soil gives the products of the earth unique characteristics if you are able to bring them out.
Once in the company, the owners themselves will warmly welcome you and involve you in their capacity as winemakers first of all for passion, in a totally friendly and informal atmosphere.
Sassotondo classical tasting: four wines
This proposal allows you to approach to the production and winemaking philosophy of the sassotondo winery: a family owned and run winery set in an environment marked by the presence of the volcanic tufo rock, in a powerful and mysterious Etruscan Maremma.
- We will first visit our underground cellar and we will tell you about our environment friendly choices both the vineyard and in the cellar and we will taste four of our longselling wines;
- The winery has been certified organic since 1994;
- We are members of Volcanic Wines and Vignaioli indipendent
- We will visit our underground cellar dug, into the volcanic tufo rock
- We will taste four sassotondo wines: Isolina, Ciliegiolo, Ombra Blu, San Lorenzo
- We will taste our single varietal Canino Ectra Virgin Olive Oil
1 hour | Price per person: 28 € | Two different possibilities: morning at 11 AM or during the afternoon at 4 PM
Important information: The visit in sassotondo is a trip to the countryside, deep inyo the rural and natural Tuscia. Everything turns around vineyard and wine so outdoor clothing is warmly suggest.
A Glass of wine in the vineyard
In a natural environment, under the oak trees and far from everywhere, stepping on the soil, smelling the herbs, facing the vineyard, we will try sassotondo wines. The tasting is sided with a small plate of local products: cold cuts, bread and oil, cheese with honey and a wine sweet sauce. Everything made by the farm of local producers.
- We will visit our underground cellar dug into the volcanic tufo rock
- We will try three sassotondo: Isolina, Ciliegiolo and Ombra Blu
- A small plate of local products with the wine tasting
2 hours | Price per person 38 € | When: thursday, friday, saturday and suday at 5:30 PM
Reservation required 48h before the guided tour